Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas JOY


Holidays bring SUCH JOY and HEALING to my life as we, my family of 5, form new traditions that I pray my babies will look back on with TONS of warm fuzzies and GREAT memories!!

We will be doing our traditional Christmas Eve Feast again this year! A house filled with laughter, noise, crying (of course, there are LOTS of babies!), game playing, seafood and sweets! Our home is opened up to all our family and friends as we celebrate and rejoice together!! We chat about what has happened in the past year (yes, there will be LOTS of running talk, and teasing from my husband OF COURSE,LOL!), jokes about what New Years resolutions we will once again attempt, kids singing Christmas favorites, toasting glasses of yummy wine . . . all of this is JOY to me!!

This is why I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Christmas season. Yes, it's to celebrate the birth of Jesus, but along with that it shows me just HOW MUCH God loves ME. Despite my insecurities, my brokenness, He has surrounded me by all these amazing friends that support me and LOVE ME and "this" is what has been in store for me all along. All the years of darkness and fear have led me to this. I've listened to His voice, followed my heart, have been obedient and now I'm able to experience His ABUNDANCE and I couldn't be any more thankful.

Matthew 16:25 "For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it."

Thank you Lord for filling my home for the holidays, filling it up for birthdays and other special occasions that we celebrate LIFE! The more I identify myself in Christ and my obedience and perseverance has paid off in ways I can't use the word Thank You enough to express.

Breaking bread with people we hold close to our hearts and "do life" with, and sharing our joy over some wine is SO WHAT I'm looking forward to on Friday! So now it's time to get things started in The Auditore Home!!! :o)

Menu for this Year!

Baked Cod
Fried Shrimp
Fried Calamari
Seafood Ceviche
Linguine and Clam Sauce
Broccoli rabe
Bread

Appetizers
Assorted Sides

Big Ol Fancy Christmas Cake ordered by my sis!
Italian Wedding Cookies
Fudge
and some of these yummies:
Rainbow Cookies
Oreo Truffles
Grasshopper Brownies
Chocolate Coconut Candies

And I'm sure I'll add on to the list when I finalize it tonight! :o)


MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: