Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Shake Your Groove Thing....Yeah Yeah




 Dare I say, I'm getting my groove back? LOL  I hate being a Debbie Downer, it's just NOT me!!  Life is hard, suck it up.  Relationships are hard. Homeschooling is hard. Responisibility is hard. Healthy living is hard.  Parenting is hard.

Yep.

SUCK IT UP!

That's what I tell myself when I fall into that PMS, "Life sucks" mode.  Yes, I am extremely moody and cranky, emotional and sensitive when I'm PMSing. BUT those are all emotions....NOT reality and this time around I chose not to let emotion control actions or define me.  :o)

I sat at dinner with one of my favorite couples on New Years Eve and thought to myself, "This is going to be a great year"!  2012 brought many "endings" in my life so I know 2013 will be a year of "beginnings" and THAT is what I choose to focus on.

I am in a "season" right now with being a brand new homeschooler and wanting to do it right.  Well, let me rephrase that, right for my family.  I've learned what looks right for others, will NOT be right for my family and that's okay.  When it comes to your family there is no "wrong" if you make your decisions from your heart and do everything with love.

For the first time in a looooonnnngggg time I know what I'm doing is the right thing.  Some of the best advice my friend Heidi gave me was to write down all the reasons why I decided to homeschool so when the feelings of doubt creep in I can rest in my decision and get rid of those feelings.  This has helped me tremendously because everyday is not easy, but worth every minute of it!!

Right now, I'm not the best at keeping a coffee date.  I'm not the quickest at repsonding to texts and messages. I miss a ton of stuff on Facebook.  The people that value me and know my heart are the ones that keep hanging on and for that I am SO thankful!

I took out my sewing machine last night.

I went to bed at 9.

I'm not drowning in laundry this week.

I think I could actually be coming up for air now. Thank God!!!

No comments: