Wednesday, June 5, 2013

National Running Day

Between the Piriformis injury and stress overload, my running went down the drain!!  While I was at Adrianna's track practice today she asked me to run with her for her warm up.  I was winded. I felt SO out of shape. 5 year olds put me to shame.  BUT, as soon as she grabbed my hand I remembered I have always run for FUN.  I enjoy it, it relaxes me, it helps build my confidence.

I threw running out the window.

Tsk. Tsk.

I drove home after practice and replayed in my head all the words of encouragement I gave her for myself too...

"It takes time to build up your endurance."

"You just have to get back out there and try your best."

"If you need a break, TAKE it."

"You are strong, determined and CAPABLE."

I told her how proud I was of her that she kept pushing forward and didn't quit, even though I KNEW she did NOT want to do that last 400...it was HOT.... she said to me, "I didn't quit because Auditores don't quit!"

That's right my wise baby girl.....

WE DON'T QUIT.

I may NOT be at the top of my game, but I celebrated National Running Day running two miles *with* my girl and I feel GREAT!  Time to *officially* MOVE FORWARD!!!

No comments: