Thursday, July 2, 2009

4 more days and counting...

4 Days from now and I'll be holding and smelling a SWEET baby girl!! I can't wait!!!!! I'm surprised to say that I truly feel ready. Baking day was a success, fridge, freezer and pantry are all very well stocked thanks to all my couponing and CVSing, laundry is caught up, house is clean and I'm starting on another book by Francine Rivers. I finally organized all of my printed recipes into a cute little binder for the kitchen . . .
My friends have organized a CareCalendar for us so I've copied and pasted all the meals to my weekly menu for the ENTIRE MONTH OF JULY!!! What a blessing!!! It's posted on my fridge and I'm happy to say I don't have to worry about dinner for the rest of the month!! WOW! This is a first for us for sure.

We were talking last night about decorating the house and yard for Sofia's arrival, it's all Adrianna can think about, she's so excited. She was asking questions about what we did for Christopher when we came home, she remembered bits and pieces. My sister came for his birth which was wonderful and my mother in law was at the house there with us too so it was great! We didn't have many friends so there wasn't all this attention like we have now but it was still a great experience for Chris, Adrianna and myself. Then came Adrianna asking me who decorated when we came home with her from the hospital and all my memories came sweeping in. I wish my experience with her was as "glamorous" as she was hoping and I had to stop myself from saying we came home to an empty, dark home, very depressing and very stressful. We were new to Texas and didn't have any friends, it was very tough on me. I didn't have any family here with me and I was scared to death! She asked if we had a stork in the yard or a sign on the door with balloons and I told her no, BUT that's because she wasn't old enough to do that yet, LOL! I explained how very special and important she is in our family and how she makes every experience fun and beautiful. We couldn't do it without her! I did tell her how AWESOME it was that it snowed the day she was born and I have pics of the snow on the car, that was simple enough to excite her, my sweet 6 year old angel! I can't believe it's been 6 years. I still remember her sweet "kitten like" cry. All the nurses had to come in to see the "Hair" , they couldn't believe it, she came out with a shag...LOL! I am so thankful for having Adrianna as my first born. She slept through the night, made me so nervous since I thought she was going to starve sleeping so much. She was an easy baby, always smiled and had the biggest most beautiful eyes that people EVERYWHERE had to stop me to tell me and admire her. She was an absolute angel from the start and once I got past the nervousness of being a first time mom, I was in heaven. She is the most beautiful little girl I've ever seen and has the personality to go with it. Sweet, loving, kind and sensitive, just like her daddy, I completely adore her. I'm so thankful that I am going to be able to give her a little sister to adore, teach and protect. I know what it's like to be an older sister and am so thankful she is going to be given the opportunity to experience that too.

Adrianna Carmela
2/8/03

Christopher Anthony Alfio Jr.
4/28/06
Next . . .

Sofia Flora
7/6/09


All of the "Important" To-Dos are complete so today and tomorrow will be spent working on Adrianna's Kindergarten Scrapbook,and just having fun!!! I am so blessed to have the husband and children I have, what a miracle to be given another sweet little angel from God!!

I am so grateful!!

1 comment:

Family Man said...

I couldnt love you and the kids any more than I already do. I thank God for all that he has given us and all that he will provide us with in the years to come. You are an amazing Mom and Wife, and I love you dearly.

Now, lets have this baby and get on the MonaVie train TOGETHER. 1 year from now we'll look back and reflect on all the impact we had on peoples lives, all the good times shared with family and friends and all the "fruit" that our new venture will bear. As Otis Reading sand "A Change is Gonna Come"

Chris