Thursday, February 27, 2014

She Let Go.

It's no big secret that I've had one HELL of a year and a half, full of struggle and sadness.  But I don't like the whole "Woe is me" bullshit.  I never have, but I will tell you, what I've dealt with from the disappointment, hurt, and pain after leaving our one and only ever church home was almost debilitating. I have been talked about, accused, shunned and criticized for sharing my heart, my struggles and for the decisions that my family made.  I have seen "Christianity" gone wrong. It was hurtful and at the same time eye opening on so many levels.

Peace has been made with fellow small town community members, there may still be whispers, but then again, that's life.  I've made peace with the people that I called "friend" at one time in my life and I think it's good enough on BOTH sides to help us all move forward and heal.  I'm learning to find "myself" again, without all the spiritual talk, without all the false, I love you's.  Six years of investing my family, our lives, and time into a church family gave a lot to us in many ways.  I try to live my life without regret. There will ALWAYS be something or someone to knock you down to your knees. Life isn't perfect, we don't make perfect decisions, but what it really comes down to is HOW exactly we pick ourselves up and move on.




I read this on Elephant Journal this morning after a friend posted it and I sat here with chills, smiling....knowing in my heart that while this season of life has been H-A-R-D for me, I've actually been letting GO.  I'm on the road to freedom......

"Letting Go" is very simple, it's just a decision YOU have to make.



No comments: