Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Going MIZUNO!

Hellooooooo BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Say hello to my new shoes!!  I went to Rogue today and tried on quite a few pairs of shoes that were not Nike.  I tried on Asics, Saucony, and Mizuno.  Like the salesperson said to me, it's not about the "brand", let's focus on the "type" of shoe for you.  I have been wearing Nike Structure Triax for the past couple years and thought it was time for a change. These *new* shoes are symbolic to me in this new season of my life, but that's another blog post completely! LOL  As Mr. Runner was explaining the difference in support levels,  cushioning, heal heights, minimalists, etc. etc..... I was floating on cloud 9! You know that feeling...

"I'm a runner",
"I rock",
lmao......

Then. He. asked. me. to. run.


Once I got past feeling *awkward* I focused on my feet and FELL. IN. LOVE. with my new shoes, because I couldn't feel them.  Yes, you read that correctly, I couldn't feel them.  I have had a moderately supportive shoe for a while now, coming from a really supportive shoe before that and would love the minimalist shoe but he said that would be breaking the 2step rule!  You never step down or up 2 levels of change when it comes to a shoe so he put me in a less supportive shoe than my Nikes but not quite a minimalist shoe yet.

All I can say about Mizunos (these are my first pair) is the UPPER is AWESOME!!!! The material and feel is unlike any other shoe....WOWZA!!!  I can't wait to get them and go for a run!  I couldn't afford the $125 plus tax BUT found a coupon online (of course) and got them with expedited shipping for $89!!!!!  YAY!!!!!!

So here's to another *new* beginning....a NEW start....my NEW shoe!!! YIPEEE!!!!!

No comments: