Friday, September 13, 2013

Homeschool 2013-14 Week 1 DONE!

We made it through Week 1!!!  While I will admit, I was QUITE stressed about not starting the week before, not feeling completely prepared for week 1, Chris's travel plans for the week AND having a sick kid, this week actually went pretty great! HA! Go figure!!

The kids were thrilled for the first day of school!  I set up their breakfast table and when we I met them upstairs they jumped out and yelled "Surprise Best Teacher EVER!!" with an apple in hand and hugs all around.....so blessed!!!

Breakfast Table....Ice Cream Sundaes for Breakfast!
Quickly Laminated Bookmarks and stuck them in cups with some chocolate bars and pencils!

 Sofia was BEYOND thrilled to be included with the big kids this year!

PRE-K
Fifi 4 years old
5TH GRADE
Anna Bear 10 years old

2ND GRADE
Chris, Mr. Handsome, 7 years old

We worked on our Morning Meeting Board....


We began to learn/memorize our first Memory Verse: John 3:16, filled out Passport applications, wrote checks for them, and did our Backyard Habitat...

We worked HARD....
Fifi started Explode the Code

Little Man was struggling with Rounding Concept but THIS actually helped! Thanks Pinterest!!!

Sofia just sat with us during our MFW ECC Bible lesson and I did NOT think she was memorizing the scripture! While I was having the big kids recite their verse, she said "I know John 3:16"!!! WHAT??!!!! This child is NOT to be excluded from ANYTHING...HAHAHAHA!!!!



AND played hard....


We had some baking fun for our local heroes on 9/11 and for my little sweeties too...


I sat and planned Week 2 while everyone was quiet (that really did ACTUALLY last 45 minutes!!!)

Lesson Planning, Meal Planning, Grocery Lists, and COFFEE!

Yes, it was a pretty GREAT week when I look back on it tonight, sipping my glass of wine waiting for Chris's flight to land.  While in the thick of it, I felt more like this:

and while I forced a smile at moments, I really wanted to just do this:

and went in the bathroom a couple of times to do this:


BUT, at the end of the day and at the end of the week, the kids tell me I am this:


That makes EVERY SINGLE MINUTE, ups and downs, ALL worth it to me!  I am so thankful to have a husband who supports and encourages me, even when I am SCARED TO DEATH of screwing it up and even more thankful that I get to spend almost every minute of the day with these beautiful souls!!!



Now on to Week 2!

No comments: