Monday, September 10, 2007

I love my husband's love for Opera. The past couple days have been spent doing our normal routine, but with lots of Pavarotti playing in the background. Chris has been bummed over his death this past week. He says it's tragic because Pavarotti was a genius, a GREAT ONE, one of the best of this past century and it's just so sad to know he's gone.

I remember when I first moved in with Chris and we were going through VHS tapes, combining both of our collections together when I noticed one labeled "The 3 Tenors". I had NO idea what it was, and that conversation was the first of many telling me all about Operas. Chris spent most of his life in New York and most of his 20's living in Manhattan. He LOVES the city and everything that goes along with it from the food to the noise to the Arts, and especially the people....the man LOVES to people watch. :o)

When we first started dating that was one of the things I admired most about him. He seemed to have SO much culture! He seemed to know SO much, much more than I did! He had 9 years more life experience to begin with AND he lived in one of the GREATEST cities you could possibly ever experience!!!! I am so jealous of that! We talked about living in a studio apartment in Manhattan when we were planning on getting married, but realized that it just didn't make sense if we wanted to start a family right away . . . oh but it was nice to dream.

Chris is definately a dreamer, yet another thing I adore about him! The man is super sensitive, very strong willed and determined, loves ALL the arts from music & movies to ballet, likes sports but will NEVER take a whole day to watch football (unless it's a BIG game, superbowl, etc.) and get mad if we are making noise in the house or distracting him, and he puts other people's feelings before his own.

While we were sitting in our room listening to Pavarotti (after watching the 60 Minutes Special last night), he looked at me and said "Doesn't that choke you up and get you right here?" (he motioned his fist against his chest). He made me cry! The song was about a man meeting a woman for the first time and it was love at first sight. These little moments are why I would do ANYTHING in the world for this man. We are very opposite in many ways, but identical in the ways that really count when you are trying to make a marriage work and raise a family. I didn't mean for this to be a CHRIS TRIBUTE, LOL, but I can't help it . . . I just love him so much.

Here is the song we listened to....


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Chris is so cool. Very few Men like opera. You are such a cool couple.

I love you Gina