Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Well, I'm coming down from a BUSY, family and fun filled weekend so the last thing I need to be doing right now is writing a blog! :o) So I'll make it short and sweet.

This weekend was GREAT! Chris had ALL of his brothers together with their families and we filled our weekend with great food, lots of laughter, children playing (and fighting of course, after all there is a total of 6 kids under the age of 5!), girl only time and guy movie theater time! It was fun, FULL and exhausting all at the same time. We even got to add church in the mix and that was a wonderful thing for me to share with my sister-in-law. My "God" conversations with Ruth are always fulfilling, meaningful and eye-opening, so it was nice to do the same with Jennifer this weekend too.

Having our entire family here together reminds me of the importance of our "family". We share things together that you can't get from your friends, no matter how much you love them and share with them. Family loves you no matter what you say or do, the language you use, the things you eat or drink, the comments you make, rude or not, the way you dress or don't :o) , they don't care if you notice something or not, it's FAMILY. We all love each other no matter what and there is something so secure in that, so SAFE. I will miss them so much no that they are gone and can't wait to spend Thanksgiving down in Brownsville with them all again!

But now, BACK TO REALITY....back to my magnets, back to my block party planning, back to the budget we veered away from this weekend while having fun, back to mom's club stuff, back to the housework,responsibility chart, our household routine, but what I look forward to the most is, back to my friends! :o) I sure have missed them this weekend. . .

No comments: