Monday, November 10, 2008

"Party of 5"

Well, now that the word is out, I can post it to the blogworld! We're PREGNANT!!! I tried to get a good picture but the glare just was horrible. This was the best one I could get of the test. My mom totally does NOT support sharing the news before the end of the first trimester and I understand why. Old Italians say it's bad luck. I think it's just a terrible feeling to get excited, share the news and then miscarry. Been there, done that already so I know, but I also know that I'd rather have the support of my friends than go it alone.

Enough of that talk . . . . WE ARE GROWING FROM FOUR TO FIVE!!! WOW!!! I'm still in schock. It was our first month actually "trying" and can't believe how quickly it happened. It's something both Chris and I wanted which makes it all the better. We are going through LOTS of change, new house, new dog, daughter starting school, job stuff changing a bit, new responsiblities with owning our old home and renting this one, and now NEW BABY! It can be a little overwhelming of course, but such JOY!

I sat in the car this morning driving Adrianna to school and when I looked in the rearview mirror, I almost cried, got completely choked up looking at my Big Girl and my sweet baby boy with his "Big Boy" haircut, he no longer looks like a baby. They grow so fast and it just made me want to turn around and take Adrianna back home, cuddle up with her and her brother on the couch and do nothing else. I guess that's why even though I complain about them both ending up in our bed by 3am almost every night, I don't force them back into their beds. This time with them only lasts so long, I want to savor it all.

At this stage of pregnancy, all I can think about is, "I'd love lots of babies" , that is until of course I start puking my guts out for 3 months. Then of course have a great 2nd and 3rd Tri , back thinking about how great it would be to have a house full of kids . . . then come the post C-section recovery, back to thinking NEVER AGAIN, and then it's back to the bliss of a newborn baby. Why in the world do we have to go through those stages? LOL

Well, I'm entering the old territory again. :o) Registering at the week by week pregnancy websites, registering for all baby freebies and stuff like that. Adrianna is wanting to see our little grain of rice :o) on the internet everyday to see how "our baby" is growing. She's fascinated by the month to month views. This is going to be a very exciting time in our lives.

Thank you God for this wonderfully, amazing blessing!

2 comments:

Ruth said...

There are always "stages" of pregnancy that we don't always look forward too but the end result is ALWAYS worth it! Congratulations again Gina!!!!

Cindy said...

I'm excited for you! So glad that you get to experience pregnancy again surrounded by such good friends...it makes a world of difference!