Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The Important Things

As I sit here thinking about Christmas, I can't help but reflect on this year and think about what 09 will bring us. The past few months have probably been the MOST stressful months in my life. I look back to Aug/Sept and think about how "simple" life seemed, how everyday and normal it seemed. Then we decided to move, I got pregnant on the first try (didn't expect that!), Adrianna started school, our church began to grow and everything moved at a pace I just couldn't keep up with!

Now, the morning sickness seems to be letting up. I'm feeling my energy creep back and am able to have a different perspective on things. We've spent over $300 in medical expenses this month with the kids being sick, there isn't any extra money saved or in the checking to spend but I know it will all be okay. I have been forced financially to think of Christmas in a different way this year. I am focused so much more, for the very first time, on the "important things", on the things that matter the most to me. My husband, my children, my family and our health. Listening to my two little stars belting out Christmas Carols from behind the curtains on the huge windows in the living room, watching them dance together upstairs both dressed up as little girls, it's all just too precious for words. I think about how lucky I am to have my sister here, helping me, loving my children, loving me. I think about my friends and my church family. They were all so wonderful to me and my family during this tough time and were so happy to see me at service Sunday, it just touched my heart so much!

And most of all, I think about my loving husband. This man is my soul mate, my dream come true, the "one" sent to ME from God. He knew where I needed to find healing and who would be the one to help me get that. Chris is the most understanding, compassionate, loving man I know. He has worked so hard these past couple months taking care of me, the kids, the house, all on top of putting 120% at work each day to provide for us. He asks for nothing in return, but our love. He isn't selfish, he is patient, he is kind, he is giving, he is humorous, and he is my very best friend!

Although I wish things were a little easier on us financially, I know that we go through things for a reason and have faith that we will be taken care of. As long as we love each other, take care of our family and give life to others, all of this stuff will work its way out in 09, I just know it.

Merry Christmas Everyone!

No comments: