Monday, December 29, 2008

PEACE in 2009

I totally stole that title from a blog that I read and love here. This lady is so inspiring to me and sort of reminds me of the woman I am slowly becoming as I age and mature. It was a very encouraging post to read for me this morning as most of her posts are.

When I was lying in bed this morning I was thinking about our 2008 Year in Review letter that I wanted to mail out to family and friends since I didn't do cards for Christmas. We have experienced many highs in 08 and lots of lows as well. I'm actually really looking forward to ending this year but am a little nervous about what 09 will bring us. The biggest joy of course will be our sweet little baby #3. But I also can't help to think about how I worry about finances, I worry about the rest of this pregnancy and how I will feel in the upcoming months, I worry about my mom, I worry about my sister, and I fear that my family (Chris's family) is slowly drifting apart from each other, I'm scared about our economy, I stress over health issues in our family, let's just say I'm full of stress and worry. "Worry" isn't usually a word that I use, usually "Excited" is, but lately I seem to be unable to connect to that feeling. Call it "post holiday blues" or maybe "pregnancy blues", not quite sure exactly what it is,but I am sure that I don't like it.

I need to find peace. I need comfort. I want to get back my joy. I'm not sure how this will happen or when it will happen, I just know that it NEEDS to happen. I need it it happen, my family needs it to happen. I am so very lucky to have the husband I do with his perseverance, loyalty and support but it's not fair for him to be taking on the brunt of pretty much everything these days.

As I change my blog design from Christmas to New Years and slowly take down the holiday decor, I sit here hoping and praying for some Peace for me and for my family in 2009.

I wish all of you a Happy, Healthy, Peaceful New Year!

No comments: