Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Moving On....

It has almost been a year since we decided to leave the one and ONLY church we, as a family, have been members of. Last June, after many months of feeling something just wasn't right, while on our vacation to Colorado, it hit us and while I tried to ignore it, the inevitable was right in front of me.....we were meant to go on a different path, our time investing in helping with the Resonate Community Church plant was over. There has been a LOT of heartache and lots of hurt done to my family,to me, and even by me.

We are human.

We are flawed, broken.

Yet, we are still hopeful.  Without that "hope" , you have nothing.

Watching this video today made me cry.  I hurt as I watch the facial expressions in each of the people. My heart has ached that so many of our former "church friends" decided to shut us out and "react" to something that didn't even directly involve them, rather than try to see things more empathetically.

 People will always judge, will walk away because of their own insecurities, will shut you out because of fear, instead of doing what we are called to do.....empathize.  Putting yourself in someone elses shoes instead of judging and walking away, THAT is the "right" thing.  As this video shows, there is SO MUCH MORE going on in people's lives than we know.

One of my favorite quotes ever....

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle" ~ Plato

I have forgiven myself, and I've forgiven those who have hurt me, let the ones go that have walked away, and am letting go of the ones that are not true friends to me.

Life is too short.

Life is hard enough without us making it harder.

I'm thankful for moments of clarity.  Watching this video was a GREAT reminder that we are all in a battle.  We need to focus on lifting each other up rather than beating each other down.

Today, I'm thankful for the few friends that didn't "go with the crowd", the ones that did reach out and continue to do so, the friends that are here now, old and new.  But MOST of all, I'm thankful for a loving and supportive family.  At the end of the day, that's really what it's all about after all.
    

1 comment:

Family Man said...

Forever thankful for all those genuine and sincere people in our community and in our lives who continue to treat us like "friends" and not as "former church members".

Sad to see behavior that dictates otherwise.