Saturday, January 10, 2015

HAPPY 29 +10!!!

Hahahahahaha, that's what my RPM pal John told me on Tuesday morning when I showed up to my first spin class of the new year.  I was surprised by my bestie with a decorated bike and a bag full of birthday goodies.  I wish I took a pic of the bike but I was half asleep "as usual" at 5am, lol. 

                                        
                                                        My Bday balloons!

     
Sofia made me this present and was SOOOOO excited to give it to me! This and the cards from       the kids were my FAVORITE GIFTS!!!

My day was PERFECT! It was completely how I wanted to begin this new year, this new season of life.  I was pampered, loved on, got a workout in, had surprise visits from friends that love me, hubby took the day off, we went out with mom to lunch, and I even NAPPED!  Not once, but TWICE!!!!!!!!!

                                   
After a 4:30 early morning wake up, intense workout, and bagel with cream cheese and lox, how could I not??!!!???!!

I mean, YUMMMMMMMMMM.........  


I was really stressing about turning 39, but I must say, it's pretty great so far! I am thankfully not the woman I was at 29 and have grown so much, especially over the past few years.  I feel like I'm coming into my own.  I had a " plan" when I was in my early 20s and have had periods of struggle feeling like I was not fulfilling that plan.  In reality, shit happens, we make choices, not all good, but what I'm learning is that it's not about those choices we've made in the past nor the habits we may have fallen into.  Life is about constantly reevaluating, learning from our mistakes, forgiving ourselves, giving grace to others, and making NEW choices, forming NEW habits and just being HAPPY!!! Whatever it is that makes YOU happy, you just have to do it.

Life is an adventure.....we are here to ENJOY THE RIDE!!  That's me at the core, and I am ready to fully enjoy the ride!!! 

                                           



No comments: