Sunday, August 19, 2007

Livin' on a Budget...

Well, it's official...I have a real budget system set up and ready to go! I put an exclamation point at the end of that sentence but am not too sure just how excited I am. Don't get me wrong, the idea of having some financial freedom is great, but actually seeing the things I do "wrong", well that's not so fun.

But we did it! We had some help from a good friend of ours setting everything up using Microsoft Money and all I have to do is every Saturday, take about 15 minutes, download the statements and whalah, that's it. Seeing everything laid out on paper in front of me is definately what I need in order to move forward and although this may be a little difficult, to say the least, and I may not always like making the right choices, I know that we will start to experience some freedom sooner rather than later. It's really not too bad when you think of it and we all know how much I TOTALLY DON'T MIND CHANGE, I think it will be pretty great in the end!

So when I joked around to Chris about "livin' on a budget" all I could think about in my head was "Livin' on a Prayer" by Bon Jovi...man I loved that song when I was younger (not just because it had my name in it, well that definately contributed to it,lol)!!!!!

No comments: