Monday, January 7, 2008

The End of a LOOOONNNNNNGGG Birthday Weekend!

Tonight officially has ended my 4 DAY, yes I said "4" Day BIRTHDAY WEEKEND! That was definitely a first for me! Friday night was my girls only slumber party, Saturday night was a quiet and delicious dinner with Chris, Sunday was spent having cake and wine with my family and in-laws , and tonight was "FRIED TURKEY" with our friends Brandon and Cindy. Before I go off on a rant, OH MY GOSH!!!!! I NEVER had turkey that tasted THAT GOOD!!!! Wow, you've just gotta try it, wow!!!! Cindy even went out of her way to not have any extra carbs, made double veggies and skipped dessert, gotta love her. :)

This is the first time in a LONG time that I felt like my birthday lasted forever!!! Well, it really did last for a LONG time and I was spoiled by everyone! I was even put to sleep last night (my actual birthday) by my sister's Deluxe Pedicure, uh "heaven"! Adrianna woke up this morning sad saying, "It's not your birthday anymore mommy?" Is there any cake left? She was so cute yesterday and so proud to come home with Pink Roses and the cake mix for the cake that she and daddy made for me. I went out shopping with my sister for a few hours, Bed Bath & Beyond and Bath & Bodyworks with only $.97 of my money spent, LOVE those gift cards! When I got home, the house smelled of chocolate cake and Adrianna ran up to me with her homemade card, all the writing done on her own, she was SO PROUD and so was I of course. I spent this morning thinking of how lucky I am to have the people I have in my life that one year ago, I did not. Tomorrow is one of our Leadership Meetings for Resonate and I must say that I'm very excited to be jumping back into Church activities, LTG's, Community Events, etc. after the crazy holiday season. My small ladies group will be beginning the book of James this week and I can't wait.

No comments: