Sunday, January 20, 2008

"Go Big Blue!"


There is nothing like hearing your 2 year old nephew cheering on his daddy's team saying "Go Big Blue" while wearing a mini Giants Jersey...SO CUTE! All of my friends KNOW I'm not an avid football fan and can totally take it or leave it. Now put me with a group of fans cheering on their team and I can totally jump on board! I am full of passion and if I am around people exuding it as well, I'm home!

Today was Chris's 41st Birthday and we had a GREAT day! I made a huge breakfast, everyone but me slept in until 8:30 and I made a Chocolate Cherry layer cake with homemade buttercream frosting, it was divine! To top Chris's special day, the Giants won!!! They're going to the Superbowl baby!!! That's all he kept saying, well screaming, LOL! Unbelievable!

Anyway, I'm not going to go all "Giants Lovin', Football Fanin' it up" or anything like that because again, that's not me. BUT, there is something SO exciting and intense about those last 2 minutes of a football game, especially when they go into OT that just kept me on the edge of the couch. I wanted to jump up and down with Chris and I DON'T EVEN UNDERSTAND football totally! LOL

What did get me though was after the game, listening to the players talk about how they made it, below 4 degrees and all! How strong of a team and how much heart they have as a group, underdog or not, they made it! They made it because they love each other, they believe in each other, they support each other. There is nothing better than being part of a team that you believe in, that you trust to have your back, a team that helps push and drive you. I was so able to relate to those players during the 10 minutes of the post game wrapup. It is so good to be part of something so big. I feel the same way about MY team, my group of friends and family. One of the players said, "We threw our heart over the wall and well, we just knew if we did that our bodies would follow". How true is that! How true it is that if you just have faith, it will indefinitely happen! Maybe not game 2 or 6 or 10 (or however many games there are, remember I don't follow football,LOL) but IT CAN HAPPEN AND DOES HAPPEN! The coach said something like keep us on the road! I'm assuming they won more games when they weren't at home? Not sure, but anyway I realized that it is SO true that when you get out of your comfort zone, that is when you excel the most!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOVE!
XO

No comments: