Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Deceptively Delicious Mac & Cheese

I know I promised to start putting some of these AWESOME recipes on my blog and just got an email from a friend with a "Mac & Cheese" lovin' son so I made this tonight for dinner, here is Jessica Seinfeld's Version with my revisions....

Kraft Mac & Cheese, follow instructions on box :o)

Add in:

1/2 cup of yellow squash puree ( one good size yellow squash, sliced and steamed till soft then puree in food processor or Magic Bullet - love this thing!)

1/2 cup of pureed Can White Beans

Top with Mild Shredded Cheddar Cheese!

Make some whole wheat toast and slice it into sticks around the bowl and wha-la!

Big hit in this house! My son is also picky, Lord help me! This is a new experience since Adrianna ate anything and everything at his age!!!!!!

I've also done this with 1/2 cup of sweet potato puree, ground chicken breast left over from the previous night, or 1/2 cup of cauliflower puree.

YOU CAN GET CREATIVE! Give it a try!

No comments: