Tuesday, February 12, 2008

A Little Sugar in my Bowl Please!

Okay, today's tone when I woke up, well let's just say SUCKY! Yesterday my dryer decided to stop working which was just lovely since I didn't do a load of laundry all week last week while Chris was off!!! I had a load in the dryer ALL WEEK and didn't even care (which you know is insane since I do laundry every day!), well I didn't care until I went into the laundry room smelling a funk! I turned the dryer on, which I usually have to do twice normally since it's 10 years old and realized that the laundry wasn't drying. But I figured no big deal, I'll hang dry them all and still get the laundry done since I was staying home all day anyway. Then, Chris came home from work disappointed that his bonus check was not what we had expected AT ALL, in fact it was pretty much nothing and it breaks my heart when he feels disappointed. He's not the type to get angry easily, but definitely feels disappointment for sure! He's under lots of stress with work and his family so right now things seem a little glum. I am usually the cheerleader for him and found it just so hard to do yesterday since I was already stressed out by the day and by him not walking in the door until after 7 so the bonus (or lack there of let's say) just iced the cake for me. I told him how sorry I was for him and went to bed. It's better for me to do that since I am NO GOOD at hiding my feelings, I wear them all over my face!

I woke up this morning thinking, I am NOT going to the Valentine Play Date that I rsvp'd yes to and made special cupcakes for but knew that I just needed to go. When I am stressed or feeling down, I usually want to lock myself inside and not go anywhere or talk to anyone, but I've learned through all the disc training on personality types I've gone through that I NEED to be around people and socialize, that is what makes me feel better and sure enough it did! I met a new mom with a little boy just 7 months older than Christopher and she loves to scrapbook and do crafts just like me! I can't believe it! So the playdate turned my morning around for sure. I saw my friend Sabrina who was away for a week so it seemed like FOREVER since I last saw her and her hug made a huge difference for me too! I was definitely energized by being around all my friends and my perspective has changed which is great since tonight is one of our Church Leadership Meetings and those are the highlight of my week. I get back on track after Tuesday nights for sure! I'm going to go ahead and start reading 1 Timothy (for my ladies LTG) while Christopher naps and make a nice pot of coffee to go along with it.

I woke up one morning last week and picked up my Bible and just prayed for God to show me what I needed to read and opened up to Phillipians. Never knew anything about that book nor even heard the name before. But I did want to share that I couldn't put it down until I was done which was easy because it's such a short book. I was overwhelmed with all the insight and feelings I got from the readings and fell in love with Paul! Well, you know what I mean! Anyway I couldn't wait to read about Timothy since he spoke of him in those readings so I suggested to my ladies that we read Timothy and here we go. We did a Character Quality Study on "Patience", again one of my suggestions since you ALL KNOW I DON'T HAVE ANY!!! LOL Well, I keep thinking about my notes and the conversation that I had with my friends comparing our notes for discussion and know that I need to go back and focus again on Patience. Will it ever not need to be a focus of mine? Will it ever come naturally!!?? :o)

I'm listening to " A Little Sugar in my Bowl " by Nina Simone and it's what I'm asking for right now!!! Adrianna is dancing around in her panties trying to sing the words while I type and I can't help but laugh and realize, life is sweet....

gotta go dance with the princess.... :)
Thanks for letting me vent!

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

I would never have known there was anything getting you down. You looked fabulous and seemed as upbeat as ever. I wish I had given you a harder hug today. Please let me know if you need anything xx

Cindy said...

Man, I didn't know you were having a bad day either. You hid it well! I'm sorry to hear about Chris's bonus that really sucks! Thank you for coming to the party even though you didn't quite feel like it. You are usually the heart of the party and I was very happy to see you yesterday.