Sunday, March 30, 2008

Baby Showers, Birthdays, Relay, Oh My! :o)

I am sitting here preparing not just my weekly meal calendar but my April Monthly Calendar and OH MY! :o) That's really all I can say.

The top FUN day will be an "Irish Baby Shower" for my sweet friend Sabrina! This isn't something they do in Ireland due to superstition (they're just like the Italians in that way!) So this is going to be loads of fun! I'm working alongside two of my "buds" to pull this off, so I know this is going to be GOOD! I LOVE BABY SHOWERS!!!Then, the funnest thing in the world, according to my 5yr old....BIRTHDAY PARTIES! We have about 5 or so scheduled as of today for the month of April! And the best part? I've already purchased almost ALL of the gifts!!! I've really mastered the art of birthday gift buying on a budget!!Of course, let's not forget HUTTO'S 2ND ANNUAL RELAY FOR LIFE!!!! This is something that just fills me up! I am so proud to be participating and being part of the committee this year! I can't wait to see how it grows in the upcoming years as we keep the same committee members. This is GREAT!
And ooooohhhh the "gardening", ahhhh bringing things to life and watching them grow! YAY! I already mentioned the tasks ahead so I won't bring them up again in this post!


BLUEBONNETS! I've seen them all over Texas for the almost 6 years I've lived here and have YET to take a picture! I guess now I am feeling more like this is "our home" so this year I am TOTALLY taking pics of the kids as soon as I find the good spots to go! My friend Heather is a photographer, and you KNOW I'm seeking her for this one! :o)

We are back to Bible Study, starting our Mom Time, Kid Time, and lots more thanks to the amazing group that is growing with some really wonderful families. I am so thrilled to be developing more friendships as the weeks go on. Chris and I are hosting our first Community Meal on the 13th and I am so excited to know that we will be maxed out on the number of families (usually we will have about 3-5 families at the dinner)! We do have limited space, but it's fine, we are grillin some fajitas, so everyone's OUTSIDE! Works for me.

Time for me to finish up my stuff! Gotta run...have a GREAT week!

No comments: