Tuesday, June 17, 2008

He's MY Hero!






My friends know the Auditore Household celebrates special holiday "weekends" so needless to say we had a WONDERFUL "FATHER'S DAY WEEKEND". Chris took off Friday to stretch it a little longer...tee-hee! :o) It was spent "Chris Syle" and I loved it! Friday we took the kids to McD's (so different to do that as a family, I usually meet my friends at McD's for playdates so this was quite strange for me,LOL), then we went to the Old Settlers Water Park...WOW WOW WOW THAT WAS FUN!!!! We got there a little early so we went over to the actual park to see if there were any ducks but there weren't so the kids just chased the birds for 15 minutes before we headed back over to the water park. Oh and the best part of that day? We are nice and tan...HELLO SUMMER!

Saturday, Chris had his Resonate Brothers Weekly Men's breakfast and then he took off with Kyle to see The Hulk. We enjoyed the rest of the day hanging out in the pool and relaxing! Kyle and Erika came over for dinner (Crescent Roll Chicken, love this! Side note, Erika made this for us the first time we had dinner with them and it's a FAVE now!) and we just hung out with them until the kids had enough, HA!

Sunday, I woke up early and went to the store to grab a Sunday paper and then came home, pushed the "On" button on the coffee pot and made breakfast for Chris. I can't believe we were actually able to sit quietly and ALONE for an hour, the kids slept in!!! Chris opened up his traditional Photo Coffee Mug (I've bought him one ever since his first Father's Day and it's so cute to see the changes every year) and then the kids ran yelling holding their cards saying "Happy Father's Day Daddy" . . . that was the best part of all! Christopher tries so hard and is doing such a great job talking! Adrianna and I baked a pound cake for daddy and then we set up the pool and spent the day outside playing, took a nap, had lunch and spent the evening over Kyle's house with all of our friends. It was SO great!

This weekend was to celebrate the man of my dreams! I never had a hero growing up but God sure did deliver him to me at 23yrs old and there is no place I'd rather be than by this man's side! I love you with all my heart Chris...thank you for being the best friend, loving husband, confidant, leader, and most of all the most amazing "Daddy" a family can have! You truly are my greatest gift...

No comments: