Tuesday, October 28, 2008

She Won! :o)

"I won, I won, Oh yeahhhhhh". That is a phrase from Hannah Montana that Adrianna does this cute little move and says it in the CUTEST way ever, but to top it NOW Christopher walks up to us and "performs" the phrase too...must get on video soon for sure. :o)

Well, today my little beauty won in our Meetup Mom's Group costume contest! Looks like that hard work making that costume paid off! She was so cute up there on the little stage I just about died! Wish I brought my camera but was in such a rush! Beni and I were out shopping until 2:00, rushed home to bake cookies for the party, then ran to school to pick up Adrianna while the cookies cooled, returned home for her to change into her costume, packed up the cookies and off we went while Christopher napped with Aunt Beni. We stayed and had a blast until 5, hurried home to get dinner made and the house ready for Bible Study at 7. It actually worked out pretty well tonight. We had the study here from 7-8 while the kids were across the street at Cindy's and then we went over there for dessert. I let Adrianna have a little bit of dessert and than came right home, did our nightly routine together and she was asleep by 8:30ish, only 30 minutes later than usual so I think she'll be fine in the morning. It's only one day a week and is totally worth the sacrifice to have that time with our friends. We had a great study tonight and I really enjoy the insight into Moses, all new stuff for me - - - loving it!

I'm also following along with another blog on my own studying Proverbs 31:10-13 this week(this is a first for me, never did it before). I was told by a friend a while back that she thought I was a "Proverbs 31 Woman" so when I saw this on a blog this week I felt pulled to follow along. I've been involved in small groups over the past 2 years but this is the first time I felt that I wanted to do something all on my own. God is doing some amazing things in my life right now and the growth I've been experiencing is so refreshing.

Adrianna and I have been reading the book "Parts" by Ted Arnold, great book that shows the perspective of a 5 year old and since she has her first loose tooth I thought it would be great to work on this book this week with her. There is a part in there where he talks about his skin peeling off of his toes and Adrianna thought that was so grose and asked why hers does that too. So I went on to explain how the old skin peels away so the new skin can shine through and as she repeated that to me tonight I thought about my faith, about my entire "being". About peeling away the layers to reveal the woman that He intended on me being when He created me.

Today's Verse:

Proverbs 31:10
"A wife of noble character who can find?
She is worth far more than rubies."

No comments: