Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Pumpkin Heaven....or Pumpkin Overload...you decide!

I've been busy over here and playing catch up since our getaway! I blog in spurts and know I don't have a huge following but am thankful for Facebook since that's my main source of communication and is EASY for a busy Mom like me. :o)

Despite the weather (feels like summer NOT Fall!ugh!), we are in full FALL spirit! Pumpkin this, pumpkin that, pulling out fall clothes to see what fits and what can be passed down to friends, cleaning out toys and bedrooms ready for Christmas and Birthday Season to come, Baking, Crafting, Baking, looking up soup and stew recipes, planning menus for the holidays . . . OH HOW I LOVE THIS TIME OF YEAR! It's when I feel ALIVE!!

Fall decor is up but I already can't wait to replace it with Christmas which I do Thanksgiving weekend. We went out Sunday night and Boo'ed our friends with some yummy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip muffins and other goodies and officially got "Boo'ed" tonight! I love to see our community of friends and families growing and getting out there to spread the cheer and spirit of this season with others....IT'S WONDERFUL!!!!

Our Boo Bag left on our porch....have NO IDEA who left it but they scored BIG TIME in Chris's book....
all of his FAVORITES!!!

Now if we can get a cold front and/or some rain and these HORRID allergies would disappear, it would be wonderful! :o) I don't need to freeze my butt off, I know that will happen soon enough, but would like to stop with the shorts and tees already! LOL

So in the Fall Spirit, here are some AWESOME recipes I've been trying and LOVING over the past month....enjoy!!

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

4 eggs
2 C sugar
1 can pumpkin
1 1/4 C vegetable oil
3 C flour
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
12 ounches of mini choc chips

*beat eggs, sugar pumpkin, vanilla and oil until smooth
*mix dry ingred. and mix into pumpkin mixture.
*fold in choc chips
*bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes

Pumpkin Butter
Very yummy to add to your morning toast or english muffin! I added it to my Fage Greek Yogurt today and it was DELISH!!!
Pumpkin Pancakes
(served these with Sugar Free Butter Pecan Syrup...mmmm!)
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice ( I made my own)
21/2 C pancake mix
2T brown sugar
1 3/4C milk
2T veg oil

2T vinegar (don't understand why?)
1 can pumpkin


Pumpkin Spiced Latte
Who needs Starbucks? LOL
Had this tonight and it was GOOD!

Pumpkin Cream Cheese
had this over a friend's house this morning and it was GOOD!

Pumpkin Pudding
going to try this sometime this week!

Let's not forget the ever so DELISH pumpkin seeds we'll be roasting this weekend....oh yeah!

HAPPY FALL!

No comments: