Saturday, July 19, 2008

My husband, the Reader?

I'm sitting here sipping my morning coffee while my kids are STILL sleeping! Chris is at his Resonate Brother's Mens Group that he organized to meet every Saturday morning at Rio Grande for breakfast, did I mention how PROUD I am of him?!!?!?! :o) I'm sitting here smiling, thinking about the vision of last night. I was putting an Avon order in and I came out to the living room to see Chris relaxed, with his reading glasses on, reading "Wild at Heart"! I don't know why, but it was kind of hot! LOL He has salt and pepper hair, now has given in to wearing reading glasses, and it is SO ATTRACTIVE!!!! (I've always been obssessed with Richard Gere,HA!)

Anyway, back to my point, the guys are now reading that book and discussing it every other Saturday at breakfast and it brings such joy to my heart. Everything that we do now, everything we are involved with in church, is and has ALWAYS been at our own pace. That's what makes our church so natural and so organic. We have a Pastor who truly wants to change lives, genuinely, help us discover our true values and pursue the greater life we are all meant to have here, now.

I would keep going on, but I have to go get ready to serve at the Round Rock Area Serving Center. I still can't believe this is something I've kept up with! I was excited to organize volunteer groups through church, friends and now my mom's club too, but for sure figured I'd drop that by now...I usually get bored easily. But this does have my heart, there is nothing better than giving to such a great cause.

Today will be spent, serving over there for a couple hours and when I get home, Chris and some friends of his are going to see "Batman" of course . . . but then it's busy, busy, busy! We are hosting a Southern Boil at our house next Saturday (yes I said southern boil, I know, crazy!) so we need to get the yard shaped up and finish the floor molding up tonight while Adrianna has a sleepover at Kylie's.

Have a GREAT weekend!

No comments: