Monday, July 28, 2008

Well, we had a GREAT weekend!!! Chris and I hosted our first Shrimp Boil! This was definitely a first for us. Our friends Justin and Jen helped us with the shopping a prepping and boy did they put together a heck of a mix! Shrimp, crab legs, sausage, potatoes, corn, onion, garlic...OH MY! It was accompanied by some delicious rice from one friend, yummy bread from another friend, banana pudding out of this world made by another friend, and on and on I can keep on going!

We had about 25 people at the house and I was more than delighted! I LOVE to HOSTESS and always have, now I know that I can totally host for at least 20-30 people no problem. :o) Friends, food, family, beer, dessert, kids . . . my kind of day! It felt like I've known these people forever and some of them it was the first time at our house. . . this is what it's all about for me. This is living for us. Simplicity, the small things. A true gift.

And tomorrow night is our VERY FIRST BIBLE STUDY at our house! Chris is facilitating and I'm so excited. I remember when we first got involved in church together he said, "Imagine us having a Bible Study someday?" I just sit here and smile. God is so amazing and has us on such a wonderful journey, meeting wonderful people and building amazing friendships and relationships. I am not one to quote scripture, but I know that somewhere it says to give more than you think you can and God will open the floodgates and pour more blessing on you than you can imagine, and WOW, I really see that happening.

It's an incredible journey . . .

No comments: