Wednesday, November 28, 2007

It can be tough...

This time of year is the most AMAZING time for me. It is when I feel at my best, most energetic and excited as I can possibly get! But this year is a little different for me at the moment. My little sister lives in another state and is going through a VERY tough time. She has ALWAYS done everything on her own, treats everyone with love and is probably one of the kindest people I know. She has always been known as the quiet and sensitive one where I was "labeled" the loud and obnoxious child. :o)

It so hard to understand sometimes why things go so badly for some people, especially the ones who wouldn't hurt a fly, have the best intentions all the time and are always giving to those around them. But I guess the best way to think about it is that God has a plan for everyone and all the trials that we go through in life are to bring us to a bigger and better place, that does offer me comfort when I am filled with anxiety.

I, along with my church and friends are raising money to get her here by the 17th which is when all her utilities will be shut off. The week of the 17th is when we are doing a fundraiser for the Hutto Orange Santa which raises money for children in our community who would not be receiving gifts this year, wrapping all the gifts and having an event that all those families come to pick up the gifts. The timing almost couldn't be better. Once we have enough money raised to get her here, we will dive into Orange Santa week. At least it will keep her mind busy and she will be with family before Christmas, which is REALLY what Christmas is about. Being together and celebrating with family and friends.

I am reaching out to all of my friends and readers asking for ANYTHING that could help in her getting here. She lives in Orlando so even if you can't help financially, maybe if you know of a church there or anyone else that wants to help make a difference in someone's life during this time of year, please email me auditore@suddenlink.net.

Your prayers are so much appreciated by all of us....

No comments: