Thursday, September 11, 2008

A Moment of Silence


I remember the day like it was yesterday as I sat on our papasan chair overwhelmed by morning sickness, every channel on the television was swarmed with the news. Like most Americans, I was afraid, afraid for all of those poor people in New York, afraid for my Uncle who worked on Wall Street, afraid for our country, afraid for the future of the little baby growing inside of me. It was a very, very devastating day. It was a day that will be remembered and studied in History Class by Adrianna and Christopher one day. Still to this day, I can't believe that it happened.

Fear.
Devastation.
Heartache.
Tragedy.
Disbelief.

One day I will share that with Adrianna, when the time is right. A five year old little girl doesn't need to burden her sweet little heart with those ideas, those stresses, not right now. We are given the freedom to live without fear, to feel safe and secure by living in this great country and I will do my part to make sure I protect my family in the same way our future president will protect us. I totally don't like discussing politics but days like today really make you think. And that's all I'm going to say.

God Bless America!

No comments: