Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Ahead of the game!

Wow so I'm finally not just caught up but am a little ahead of the game...FINALLY!!!! Small household details are caught up, sheets are all washed, every stitch of laundry complete, household chores pretty much done, and now I can take a breath! :o)

I have some wedding save the dates to work on for a customer, a birth announcement to complete for baby Kathryn, a few small magnet orders, some stuff for WhichWich?, and I'm meeting with the owner of a local children's store who his interested in selling my bow holders!!! YAY!
They are so cute and I NEVER thought I would get an opportunity like this, so wish me luck! ;o)
Oh and if you know someone getting married....here's a sample of a save the date magnet that I'm currently working on...
Okay, enough self promoting! I was sitting outside this morning reading Psalms 135-150 for my LTG group and have SO many questions!!! Simple ones to most people who have scripture knowledge, but for me...I KNOW NOTHING!!!! :o) My biggest question was who was King David? Why did he write half of the Psalms? Why did he have recluse in a cave? I started googling and am overwhelmed by the info out there. I did get a good start and if any of you have some good direction or bio info that is "childlike" and easy, let me know. I swear I'm learning more from Adrianna's Bible than anywhere else! HA-HA!

My day is starting off great today. I'm so glad to have a group of women who are encouraging and seeking to grow closer to God, because I'll tell you from my own personal experience, when you read the Bible to yourself or a Children's Bible to your little ones, it does something...it in a way feeds your soul, nourishes your spirit...and it's one heck of a feeling, that's for sure!

And for me, it empowers me! It makes me feel stronger, more motivated and that in turn makes me be able to multi-task better than before, focus much better, and at the end of the day, I feel fulfilled!

3 comments:

Cindy said...

I don't know a ton about King David either! That's a lot of psalms to tackle in one sitting! I'm so glad that you are reading...you are growing so much. I learn a ton of stuff from Peyton's bible too....actually prefer to read that one some times over mine! :-)

Sonya Terrell said...

Gina, I did a Beth Moore study on David and it was awesome....he still is one of my very favorite people from the Bible. He was so much like us...he struggled, he sinned, he feared...he even wrote about in the Psalms. But....although he wasn't perfect he was a man after God's own heart.

I really suggest you learn more about him, you will be amazed at the parallels between him and us! I also love his faith!

Unknown said...

I had a blast today! And I need a bow holder for AB's ROOM BAD!!!!!!!

Let's do one soon!

I love our talks and thank you for entrusting me with your heart. Your life story is going to be used beyond measure!

I love you my friend and I love the things God is teaching me through all of our DEEP, DEEP talks!