Okay, so I just told all my Facebook friends about this recipe I had for homemade protein bars and they came out SO GOOD I have to share! :o)
- 1 cup liquid egg whites or egg substitute
- 1/2 cup pure pumpkin
- 3/4 cup lowfat cottage cheese or 6oz of vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup of protein powder (you can use flavored if you have it)
- 1 cup of wheat bran
- 1/2 tsp pure stevia
- 1 tsp each cinnamon and ginger
- preheat oven to 350. Spray 8x8 cake pan and set aside.
- mix egg whites, pumpkin, and cottage cheese until well combined.
- stir in rest of ingredients, pour into cake pan.
- bake for about 30 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
- used oat bran instead of wheat bran
- used 16 packets of Purevia instead of Stevia
- did 2 tsp of cinnamon
- substituted nutmeg for ginger (didn't have ginger on hand)
- added 2 tsp of vanilla
Will be adding maybe some dried fruit, nuts and/or chocolate chips next time. Even my 1 year old LOVED them!!